|Team Fishel, the Best Choice for Utility Construction and Network Installation, is hiring Fiber Splicing Technicians for our Las Vegas, NV operations. |
Team Fishel is about strong values and a commitment to providing our Customers with Service Excellence. Increasing productivity, being Accident Free and developing our Teammates is our Fishelosophy.
Team Fishel offers career advancement, competitive wages and an excellent benefit package, including health & life insurance, 401(k) and a profit sharing plan.
- Ability to fusion or mechanically splice SM or MM fiber optic cables, to include or terminate various types of fiber optic connectors (ST, SC, LC)
- Installs and tests pressurized and non-pressurized closures on all types and sizes of cable
- Analyzes and troubleshoots basic technical problems or issues
- Reviews, interprets and works with various maps, drawings and blueprints and testing documents.
- Performs daily tests, checks and maintenance of splicing and testing equipment.
- Performs optical continuity and conformance testing
- Makes splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial and building work locations.
|Preferred Skills: |
- Valid Drivers License
- At least 2-years of experience experience installing, maintaining/repairing and testing fiber optic networks.
- Working knowledge of using various fusion splicing and optical testing equipment including, Alcoa Fujikura, GN Net Test, EXFO, Fitel, Sumitomo.
- Ability to read, review, interpret and understand technical documents.
- Ability to climb and work at elevations (e.g., from ladders, poles, lift trucks, etc.)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Previous underground utility experience
- Must be able to follow instructions.
Bilingual and prior construction experience is a plus
Team Fishel will provide on-the-job training in all areas of safety, including flagging certification, tool operation and maintenance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Team Fishel is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran