Surveying & Engineering (PSG)
Who is Team Fishel?
Since 1936, we’ve been the Best Choice in utility engineering and construction. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. We’re industry professionals driven by high performance for our customers and each other. Interested in joining our Team?
Team Fishel, the Best Choice Employer in the utility construction business and network installation business, is looking to hire a CAD Drafter for our Columbus, OH Professional Services Group location to support projects in multiple states. Under general supervision, this position creates underground construction drawings for utility installation.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, base-mapping, GIS and layering, fundamental knowledge of Outside Plant, running line, conduit and cable design for copper, fiber optics, coax, manholes, hand holes, Make-Ready Engineering and poles (aerial and underground).
- A thorough understanding/ experience in the Outside Plant telecom industry, public right-of-way, private easements, existing utilities such as water, sewer, electric, gas, and other underground and aerial utilities.
- Knowledgeable in city, county, state and local municipalities encroachment permits, Traffic Control and specialty permits (e.g., UPRR, Caltrans, etc.), easement right away and various environmental permits are highly desired.
- Must be able to interact with the local municipalities, Telco engineers and construction/maintenance forces to acquire OSP Records, ICGS, Assessor Maps, map info, AIS and Construction Prints.
- Site surveys, translating field notes to develop and update conduit/ cable engineering design drawings in AutoCAD.
- Experience reading blueprints, conduit prints and floor plans.
- Experience reading permits and setting up traffic control.
- Two years of experience.
Team Fishel will provide on-the-job training.
Qualified candidates can also apply using a kiosk at our office, located at:
1366 Dublin Road, Columbus, OH 43215
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Teammate Assistance Program
- Learn more (Español)
Team Fishel offers excellent industry training and a career development path for our Teammates. Competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and a company profit sharing plan!
Join Team Fishel, your future and your team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Team Fishel is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran