Concrete LaborerRochester, PA
General Utility Construction
Who is Team Fishel?
Since 1936, we’ve been the Best Choice in utility engineering and construction. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. We’re industry professionals driven by high performance for our customers and each other. Interested in joining our Team?
Team Fishel, the Best Choice for Utility Construction and Network Installation, is seeking great Concrete Laborers for our Natural Gas business in the Rochester, Pennsylvania office. This skilled labor position supports our gas utility construction crews with hard surface restoration behind those crews.
Qualified candidates should be experienced in all aspects of finishing concrete, tear out, set up, pouring operations, straight edge, stamp concrete and read construction documents
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure regulatory needs and safety measures are maintained
- Able to survey grid line and elevations
- Ability to form and finish concrete to grade
- Managing the expectations of the Customer at all times
- Capable of setting forms that hold concrete to desired pitch and depth, and align them.
- Inspect concrete forms to see they are properly constructed.
- Spread and level concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
- Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools
Education, Work Experience, and Certifications
- Valid CDL - A driver’s license preferred
- Must have a minimum of one year’s experience in the concrete industry
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Preparation, facilitation of concrete placement, and finishing.
- Needs pouring and finishing knowledge with proficiency in trowel, broom, and hand finish
- Needs to have understanding of daily concrete operations with ability to work independently
- Ability to determine types of tools and equipment needed on jobs
- Ability to use logic and create alternative solutions and approaches to problem solving
Laborers with a valid and current CDL-A driving qualifications is a huge plus!
OQ qualified utility laborer experience is a plus
Bilingual and prior construction experience is a plus
Team Fishel will provide on-the-job training in all areas of safety, including flagging certification, tool operation and maintenance.
Qualified candidates can also apply using a kiosk at our office, located at:
350 Kentucky Ave, Rochester, PA 15074
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Teammate Assistance Program
- Learn more (Español)
Team Fishel offers excellent industry training and a career development path for our Teammates. Competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and a company profit sharing plan!
Join Team Fishel, your future and your team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Team Fishel is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran