Land Survey TechnicianColumbus PSG, OH
Surveying & Engineering (PSG)
Who is Team Fishel?
Since 1936, we’ve been the Best Choice in utility engineering and construction. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. We’re industry professionals driven by high performance for our customers and each other. Interested in joining our Team?
Team Fishel, the Best Choice for Utility Construction and Network Installation, is hiring a Land Survey Technician for our Surveying & Engineering division in the Columbus, Ohio office. This division is part of Team Fishel's strong and growing Professional Service Group (PSG). The right Teammate for this job will have excellent advancement opportunities.
The Land Survey Technician at Team Fishel is a key position, working directly under company survey leadership and ownership, and would be charged with taking leadership of map drafting, survey project support, and the data & legal aspects of survey operations.
- Perform survey computations, easement calculations and construction staking computations.
- Prepare survey data for the field crews and collect field data daily.
- Draft Maps (Subdivision, Parcel, etc.).
- Create Legal Descriptions for property and easements.
- Utilize coordinates for search and construction staking.
- Undertake map, deed and other research.
- Work with Engineering and Survey Crews to help develop budgets and other submittals.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Strong competency with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- 2 + years of experience using CAD in office and field land surveying.
- Proficiency includes: processing field data, preparation of topographic and boundary surveys, horizontal and vertical alignments, construction staking, writing metes and bounds descriptions, performing survey calculations.
- Possess good interpersonal skills, effective written and oral communication skills and demonstrate quality field note taking & survey documentation.
- Valid driver’s license with clean background check and drug screening required.
- Occasional courthouse research and travel within the region is required.
Bilingual English/Spanish experience is a plus
Team Fishel will provide training for specific job functions for this position.
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Teammate Assistance Program
- Learn more (Español)
Team Fishel offers excellent industry training and a career development path for our Teammates. Competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and a company profit sharing plan!
Join Team Fishel, your future and your team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Team Fishel is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran