Fiber Optic Cable ForemanAkron, OH
Who is Team Fishel?
Since 1936, we’ve been the Best Choice in utility engineering and construction. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. We’re industry professionals driven by high performance for our customers and each other. Interested in joining our Team?
Team Fishel, the Best Choice Employer in the utility construction business for 84 years, is looking to hire a Fiber Optic Cable Foreman for our Akron, Ohio office.
This role supports Broadband projects within our Telecom Construction Division, and is experiencing rapid growth with many new telecom customers.
The primary purpose of the Fiber Optic Cable Foreman is to be responsible for the supervision and organization of site personnel and the reporting of all pertinent site activities and managing the quality of work performed. In this role you will be the first in-line supervisor and have extensive knowledge of the industry and work involved. He or she will ensure that all work is installed/maintained in accord with the Companyâ€™s and Customerâ€™s safety and quality requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible as a crew leader; proper, accurate and timely submission of Production Reports
- Oversees crew assignments including daily work assignments, path determination and communication with the crew, customer and general public
- Ability to handle, instruct, or oversee daily work components including: operating a fiber blower, pulling cable, operating various equipment to install fiber optic cable, and other means of pneumatic construction
- Provide on the job training for employees working under your direction on construction practices and methods to ensure a safe and productive work environment
- Perform daily field inspection of construction operations to ensure work is being completed in compliance with project specifications and monitor safe work practices.
- Direct traffic flow in accordance with local and state DOT guidelines
- Reads and implements design prints and other related instructions pertaining to the job
- Maintains and operates vehicle and equipment safely following all manufacturer safety specifications and traffic regulations
- Maintains proper inventory on vehicle based on work assignment
- Must be able to travel; 100% travel is a requirement for this position
- Able to manage time critical assignments
- Must be open and communicative, and accepting of direction from superiors.
- 3+ yearsâ€™ OSP Fiber placing experience preferred
- Experience with fiber blowing optic equipment (CONDUX) highly preferred
- Experience with fiber pulling using air assist a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced and quickly changing environment
- Ability to travel and work on call, evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Valid driver's license required
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
Â· Physical Requirements:
- Typical field related physical requirements of sitting, standing, driving and walking.
- Ability to lift 75+ lbs
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Teammate Assistance Program
- Learn more (Español)
Team Fishel offers excellent industry training and a career development path for our Teammates. Competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and a company profit sharing plan!
Join Team Fishel, your future and your team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Team Fishel is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran