Fiber Optic SplicerChesapeake, VA
Who is Team Fishel?
Since 1936, we’ve been the Best Choice in utility engineering and construction. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. We’re industry professionals driven by high performance for our customers and each other. Interested in joining our Team?
Team Fishel, the Best Choice for Utility Construction and Network Installation is hiring Fiber Optic Splicers for projects in the Chesapeake, VA area.
The ideal candidate will have experience in OSP/ISP settings and educated in FOI/FOT certifications.
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in telecommunications or related technical field and demonstrate the ability to supervise others.
- Working knowledge of using various fusion splicing and optical testing equipment including, Alcoa Fujikura, EXFO, Fitel, Sumitomo.
- Must possess the knowledge to identify and understand the difference between Multi-mode and Single-mode fibers; CAT 3 and CAT 5; Riser; Fiber optic; PVC, riser rated and plenum cable; Plenum and PVC environments.
- Must know the universal communications color codes.
- Ability to work with others and work independently
- Must have utility pole/manhole awareness - bucket truck training and confined space training moves to the front of the line
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards, have a good driving record, and be able to operate company vehicle.
- The ability to work after normal business hours, and respond to Emergencies any time of the day or night within 1 hour.
- The ability to travel 30% work week, and possible out of town stay longer than 4 days.Per Diem is available.
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Teammate Assistance Program
- Learn more (Español)
Team Fishel offers excellent industry training and a career development path for our Teammates. Competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and a company profit sharing plan!
Join Team Fishel, your future and your team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Team Fishel is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran