Concrete Finisher - Utility ConstructionTerre Haute, IN
General Utility Construction
Who is Team Fishel?
Since 1936, we’ve been the Best Choice in utility engineering and construction. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. We’re industry professionals driven by high performance for our customers and each other. Interested in joining our Team?
Team Fishel, the Best Choice for Utility Construction and Network Installation, is seeking great Concrete Finishers for our Telecom business in the Terre Haute location! This skilled labor position supports our Overhead and Underground Telecom utility construction crews with hard surface restoration behind those crews.
Great Concrete Finisher Teammates will be responsible for smoothing and finishing surfaces of poured concrete, such as walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools and will possess the ability to do finishing work at a high level of perfection, and an even higher focus on safety.
- Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
- Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them.
- Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float
- Work as a part of a crew.
- Handle physically demanding construction duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, dig, and reach.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place heavy object.
- Valid Driver's license required with clean driving record for the last 3 years.
- Must have experience with construction power tools
This position operates in an outdoor environment. This role routinely subjects you to all elements of an outdoor environment, including extreme sun, wind, rain, heat, and cold temperature exposure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, squat and bend
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Laborers with a valid and current CDL-A driving qualifications is a huge plus!
Asphalt experience also is a plus.
Bilingual and prior construction experience is a plus
For more information, you may call (937)233-2268
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Teammate Assistance Program
- Learn more (Español)
Team Fishel offers excellent industry training and a career development path for our Teammates. Competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and a company profit sharing plan!
Join Team Fishel, your future and your team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Team Fishel is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran