Splicing TechnicianVersailles, IN
Who is Team Fishel?
Since 1936, we’ve been the Best Choice in utility engineering and construction. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. We’re industry professionals driven by high performance for our customers and each other. Interested in joining our Team?
Team Fishel is interviewing for highly qualified Splicing Technicians in our Versailles, IN operations. This is an excellent career opportunity located within our Low Voltage Technologies Solutions division.
Splicing Technicians will be responsible for assisting Crew Leaders/Senior Technicians by completing projects safely, on time, and meeting and exceeding our customer's specifications for quality. Great Teammates master their skills in a fast-paced environment, yet never compromising on their quality of work.
Team Fishel, the Best Choice for Utility Construction and Network Installation, is in our 84th year! We specialize in utility construction and network installation services with offices nationwide. Are you driven enough to join an entrepreneurial environment that challenges you to be the best you can be, and rewards you for high performance? If you are driven, then we want to talk to you. Team Fishel: It's your future and your team. Come be a part of it.
The ideal candidate will have 2 + years experience in fusion splicing fiber optic cable, splice audit verifications, voice/data/fiber installation and termination experience and OTDR and power meter testing.
Qualities of a great Splicing Technician Teammate
- Our Teammates are focused on Safety at all times. This razor focus helps keep the customer, the public, ourselves and our Teammates safe at all times.
- Our Teammates are flexible with their schedule in order to provide outstanding service to our customers, including: 45-50 hour work weeks, some weekends, some 2nd/3rd shifts, and on-call personnel is a must (there is compensation for being an on- call Teammate)
- Our Teammates are Reliable - we are early or on-time to our shop and to our customers job-sites. Time is of the essence, and the least downtime to a customer, the better partner we become.
- Our Teammates have pride in their appearance and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Our Teammates have a drive to learn fast and pride themselves on continuous learning.
- Splice various types and sizes of fiber optic cable including single mode, multimode, stranded and ribbon.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots basic technical problems or issues
- Reviews, interprets and works with various maps, drawings and blueprints and testing documents.
- Performs daily tests, checks and maintenance of splicing and testing equipment.
- Performs optical continuity and conformance testing
- Makes splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial and building work locations.
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in telecommunications or related technical field and demonstrate the ability to supervise others.
- Working knowledge of using various fusion splicing and optical testing equipment including, Alcoa Fujikura, GN Net Test, EXFO, Fitel, Sumitomo.
- Must possess the knowledge to identify and understand the difference between Multi-mode and Single-mode fibers; CAT 3 and CAT 5; Riser; Fiber optic; PVC, riser rated and plenum cable; Plenum and PVC environments.
- Must know the universal communications color codes.
- Ability to work with others and work independently
- Must have utility pole/manhole awareness - bucket truck training and confined space training moves to the front of the line
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards, have a good driving record, and be able to operate company vehicle
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Teammate Assistance Program
- Learn more (Español)
Team Fishel offers excellent industry training and a career development path for our Teammates. Competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and a company profit sharing plan!
Join Team Fishel, your future and your team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Team Fishel is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran