Safety Coordinator Rochester, PA
General Utility Construction
Who is Team Fishel?
Since 1936, we’ve been the Best Choice in utility engineering and construction. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. We’re industry professionals driven by high performance for our customers and each other. Interested in joining our Team?
Team Fishel, the Best Choice for Utility Construction and Network Installation, is hiring a Safety Coordinator for our Rochester, Pennsylvania operation.
The Safety Coordinator is a critical role at Team Fishel, especially during this time of significant growth for the PA office. The responsibilities of this position include: conducting safe operation training, safety training programs and updating and maintaining training programs to improve the safety of transmission line construction, and operations. This position also includes conducting routine safety visits to enforce safety policies, including PPE, identifying specific job hazards and precautions at various job site locations.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Maintain condition and operability of Emergency Response equipment.
- Investigates report-able accidents, injuries and job damages
- Oversee/coordinate and monitor contract service/inspection of fire extinguishers, breathing apparatus, portable gas detectors and other applicable fire/safety equipment.
- Conduct/coordinate classroom and field training meetings as needed.
- Assist Operations and Maintenance Supervision in preparation of materials for monthly safety meetings.
- Serve as member of Incident Investigation committees on "as needed" basis.
- Prior or oriented experience in safety
- Ability to perform audits and document findings of company procedures and practices
- Must be an effective communicator, and computer literate with familiarity of MS Office
Team Fishel will provide on-the-job training.
- Field experience training and developing lineman apprentices
- Current certifications in OSHA 500 and 510, and is qualified to teach OSHA 10 standards.
- Know industry safety practices, NESC, DOT, OSHA, ADOSH standards rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Certified and Trained in Red Cross first aid, CPR, HAZCOM, PPE and blood borne pathogens.
Prior experience in the construction industry is a plus
Bilingual experience is a plus
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Teammate Assistance Program
- Learn more (Español)
Team Fishel offers excellent industry training and a career development path for our Teammates. Competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and a company profit sharing plan!
Join Team Fishel, your future and your team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Team Fishel is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran