Structured Cable Specialist (Technologies)Cincinnati, OH
Who is Team Fishel?
Since 1936, we’ve been the Best Choice in utility engineering and construction. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. We’re industry professionals driven by high performance for our customers and each other. Interested in joining our Team?
Team Fishel, the Best Choice for Utility Construction and Network Installation, is hiring Structured Cabling Specialists (Voice/Data/Fiber Installers and Technicians/Sr.Technician) for our Technologies division located in Cincinnati, Ohio. This position is responsible for having the knowledge of cable installations of Voice, Data, Fiber Optics and Coax cables. Terminate and testing cables of copper and fiber optic cables.
The ideal candidate will have 2 + years experience in fusion splicing fiber optic cable, splice audit verifications, voice/data/fiber installation and termination experience and OTDR and power meter testing.
- Splice various types and sizes of fiber optic cable including single mode, multimode, stranded and ribbon.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots basic technical problems or issues
- Reviews, interprets and works with various maps, drawings and blueprints and testing documents.
- Performs daily tests, checks and maintenance of splicing and testing equipment.
- Performs optical continuity and conformance testing
- Makes splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial and building work locations.
Basic Job Qualifications
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in telecommunications or related technical field and demonstrate the ability to supervise others.
- Working knowledge of using various fusion splicing and optical testing equipment including, Alcoa Fujikura, GN Net Test, EXFO, Fitel, Sumitomo.
- Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must possess the knowledge to identify and understand the difference between CAT 3 and CAT 5; Riser; Fiber optic; PVC, riser rated and plenum cable; Plenum and PVC environments.
- Must know the universal communications color codes.
- Ability to work with others and work independently
- Ability to climb and work at elevations (e.g., from ladders, poles, lift trucks, etc.)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
Team Fishel will provide on-the-job training in all areas of safety, including flagging certification, tool operation and maintenance.
Bilingual and prior construction experience is a plus
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Teammate Assistance Program
- Learn more (Español)
Team Fishel offers excellent industry training and a career development path for our Teammates. Competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and a company profit sharing plan!
Join Team Fishel, your future and your team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Team Fishel is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran