LocationColumbus Technologies, OH
Who is Team Fishel?
Since 1936, we’ve been the Best Choice in utility engineering and construction. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. We’re industry professionals driven by high performance for our customers and each other. Interested in joining our Team?
Team Fishel is interviewing for highly qualified Fiber Cable Splicers in our Columbus, Ohio office. This is an excellent career opportunity located within our Low Voltage Technologies Solutions division.
Fiber Cable Splicers will be responsible for assisting Crew Leaders/Senior Technicians by completing projects safely, on time, and meeting and exceeding our customerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s specifications for quality. Great Teammates master their skills in a fast-paced environment, yet never compromise on their quality of work.
The ideal candidate will have 2 + years of experience in fusion splicing fiber optic cable, splice audit verifications, voice/data/fiber installation and termination experience, and OTDR and power meter testing.
Qualities of a great Splicing Fiber Cable Splicer:
- Our Teammates are focused on Safety at all times. This razor focus helps keep the customer, the public, ourselves, and our Teammates safe at all times.
- Our Teammates are flexible with their schedule in order to provide outstanding service to our customers, including 45-50 hour work weeks, some weekends, some 2nd/3rd shifts, and on-call personnel is a must (there is compensation for being an on-call Teammate).
- Our Teammates are Reliable - we are early or on time to our shop and to our customer's job sites. Time is of the essence, and the least downtime to a customer, the better partner we become.
- Our Teammates have pride in their appearance and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Our Teammates have the drive to learn fast and pride themselves on continuous learning.
- Splice various types and sizes of fiber optic cable including single mode, multimode, stranded, and ribbon.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots basic technical problems or issues
- Reviews, interprets, and works with various maps, drawings and blueprints, and testing documents.
- Performs daily tests, checks, and maintenance of splicing and testing equipment.
- Performs optical continuity and conformance testing
- Makes splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial, and building work locations.
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in telecommunications or related technical fields and demonstrate the ability to supervise others.
- Working knowledge of using various fusion splicing and optical testing equipment including, Alcoa Fujikura, GN Net Test, EXFO, Fitel, and Sumitomo.
- Must possess the knowledge to identify and understand the difference between Multi-mode and Single-mode fibers; CAT 3 and CAT 5; Riser; Fiber optic; PVC, riser rated and plenum cable; Plenum and PVC environments.
- Must know the universal communications color codes.
- Ability to work with others and work independently.
- Must have utility pole/manhole awareness - bucket truck training and confined space training moves to the front of the line.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards, have a good driving record, and be able to operate a company vehicle.
Team Fishel will provide on-the-job training in all areas of safety, including flagging certification, tool operation, and maintenance.
Bilingual experience is a plus.
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Teammate Assistance Program
- Learn more (Español)
Team Fishel offers excellent industry training and a career development path for our Teammates. Competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and a company profit sharing plan!
Join Team Fishel, your future and your team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Team Fishel is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran
Privacy Notice for California Applicants (Español)