LocationColumbus Technologies, OH
Who is Team Fishel?
Since 1936, we’ve been the Best Choice in utility engineering and construction. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. We’re industry professionals driven by high performance for our customers and each other. Interested in joining our Team?
Team Fishel, the Best Choice for Utility Construction and Network Installation, is hiring Voice/Data Wiring Cable Technicians (& Foreman) for our Columbus, Ohio Technologies Group. Our Low Voltage Technologies Group is experiencing exciting and rapid new growth. We've added an entirely new security product line, as well as secured contracts from internationally known companies. Now is a great time to join our organization and become a Teammate that contributes directly to the future growth of Team Fishel. The purpose of this position is to plan and lead crews that are working on projects.
- Insure that the infrastructure installation and equipment performance meets Team Fishel, Customer, and Industry standards.
- Insure the correct tool and test equipment usage practices are followed.
- Maintain company vehicles according to established company maintenance practices.
- Maintain tool and supply inventory on company vehicles.
- Adhere to all company policies, practices, and procedures insuring all Teammate's compliance.
- Safety administration:
- Ensure that field Teammates use proper safety equipment and apparel.
- Ensure that field Teammates adhere to customer policies and safety rules.
- Other specific duties as directed by the Senior Technician/Project Manager.
- Maintain Customer relationships.
- Report all direct project costs including labor, equipment, material, expenses, etc. on a daily basis to the Sr. Technician/Project Manager.
- Report changes in the project scope or any additional work to the customer and Sr. Technician/Project Manager before proceeding.
- Coordinate the staging of material and equipment at the project site with multiple vendor resources.
- Perform project â€œpunch list" walk-through with the Sr. Technician/Project Manager and the customer. Correct the identified deficiencies as required or directed.
- Perform the final project walk-through with the Sr. Technician/Project Manager and the customer.
- Ensure that all necessary project closeout documentation is completed and submitted on time.
- Possess a High School Diploma or a GED Certificate.
- Possess a polished, professional image with highly developed verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of structured cabling systems, including fiber optic cable installation and security.
- Possess a keen desire to be a team player and succeed in the technologies business.
- Possess an above-average knowledge of the telecommunications industry.
- BICSI certified as a Technician.
Team Fishel will provide on-the-job training in all areas of safety, including flagging certification, tool operation, and maintenance.
Bilingual experience is a plus.
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Teammate Assistance Program
- Learn more (Español)
Team Fishel offers excellent industry training and a career development path for our Teammates. Competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and a company profit sharing plan!
Join Team Fishel, your future and your team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Team Fishel is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran
Privacy Notice for California Applicants (Español)