Since 1936, we’ve been the Best Choice in utility engineering and construction. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. We’re industry professionals driven by high performance for our customers and each other. Interested in joining our Team?
Team Fishel, the Best Choice Employer in utility construction since 1936, is hiring a Yard Attendant for our San Diego Team. Yard Attendants are responsible for receiving incoming shipments of equipment and materials and ensuring that deliveries are safely and accurately inventoried and stored.
1. Receives and verifies the accuracy of incoming shipments
2. Sorts and places materials on racks, shelves, or bins according to standard
3. Pulls and distributes materials, tools, or other stock items in order to fill technician requests
4. Maintains accurate inventory records through the use of a computerized inventory system
5. Completes requisition requests to order additional equipment and supplies
6. Utilizes material handling equipment such as forklifts, etc
7. Performs a wide variety of general and semi-skilled maintenance activities
8. Performs other related duties as required
Requirements and Qualifications:
1. Experience operating a forklift is preferred
2. Must hold a valid driver's license
3. Experience maintaining overhead and underground telecommunications construction supply materials desired
4. Demonstrate superior communication, organizational, and prioritization skills
5. Must demonstrate basic math skills
6. Must be able to work both independently under limited supervision and as part of a team
7. Ability to lift, carry, kneel, push, and/or pull
8. Experience with Microsoft Office preferred
Team Fishel offers excellent industry training and a career development path for our Teammates. Competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and a company profit sharing plan!
Join Team Fishel, your future and your team.